It’s the Heart of Our Home — and Yours!
Have you ever noticed the way family and friends always seem to gather in the kitchen? On occasions both fancy and informal, folks are instinctively drawn to that friendly place where pans sizzle, drinks flow and kettles simmer — and conversation and laughter just naturally follow! If you’ve always dreamed of a kitchen that lets you welcome guests with ease, here are some features to keep in mind when designing your new home.
A Kitchen that’s Close to the Action
An open floorplan where the living and dining rooms flow into the kitchen draws guests right in to the heart of your home. Friends and family can savor a meal together, convene for cozy conversation, or settle in for a game on the big-screen while still enjoying easy access to drinks and snacks. The Andrew model at The Oaks in Meridian is a terrific example of an open floor plan that’s just right for entertaining.
A Kitchen Where Cooking is Comfortable
Whether you love cooking four-course feasts from scratch or prefer hosting a help-yourself buffet of catered delights, you’ll appreciate kitchen features that make it easier to feed your guests!
- With an apron-front sink, filling oversized cooking pots is a snap, and when you’ve got large baking pans that need to soak before washing, the generous basin gives you all the space you need.
- Double ovens can cut down on your cooking time by letting you tackle multiple dishes at once, and give you that extra place to keep foods warm before serving.
- An island topped with granite or quartz creates a beautiful kitchen showpiece, and offers that extra counter space you need for prepping vegetables or rolling pastry. It also provides a practical serving location when you’ve got a lot of guests.
- Love kitchen gadgets, fancy pots or small appliances? Consider cabinets with spacious pot drawers, or a roomy butler’s pantry for lots of tucked-away storage.
- Want some easy clean-up options that get you out of the kitchen faster so you can enjoy your guests? Consider features like Delta’s Touch2O faucet – it lets you turn the kitchen sink on and off with just a tap to the spout – or try an undermount-design sink that makes clean-up a breeze. And if you’re prone to stubborn kitchen challenges like dishes with seared or baked-on foods, you’d love a KitchenAid dishwasher with the premium ProScrub® feature; it’s 40 targeted spray jets will have your dishes sparkling in a snap!
A Kitchen Created Just for You
If you’re dreaming about a brand new kitchen of your own, you’ll be glad to know that our Coleman homes offer clever kitchen layouts and fabulous suites of Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid, and Jen Air appliances to suit every family. Beautiful cabinetry, gleaming countertops and designer lighting are just a few of the other options you can choose from at the Coleman Homes Design Gallery.
Why not visit some of our fully decorated model homes, or schedule a Design Gallery tour? We’ll be glad to show you our extensive menu of high-performing, industry leading products, finishes and colors so that you can begin to personalize a home that you love. Start building memories in your brand new kitchen; contact us today!